Certificate in Public Health
About The Program
Are you looking to increase your knowledge in the fundamentals of public health? The certificate in Public Health is a 16-credit hour experience delivered through a fully online platform. This program is ideal for the working professional interested in increasing their knowledge of public health without having to enroll in the MPH program. However, students interested in the MPH program may use the certificate coursework to satisfy degree requirements. In addition, coursework in the certificate program may also be used to satisfy prerequisite requirements for individuals interested in the Dr.P.H. concentrations.
Program Contact Information:
General Admissions Questions, Post Admissions Advisement
Coordinator of Student Services
Phone: (912) 478-2674
SOPHAS Application Questions
Phone: (912) 478-2674
SOPHAS Technical Info
Phone: (617) 612-2090
Fax: (617) 612-2092
P.O. Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471
Students who wish to obtain the Certificate in Public Health need not be enrolled in the M.P.H. program but must still apply and be admitted to the certificate program. Admission as Non-Degree Certificate does not guarantee subsequent admission to a graduate degree program. Applying to a graduate degree program is a separate process and different criteria must be met.
Applications for the Certificate in Public Health are accepted for FALL and SPRING admission only. ALL supporting documents must be received by the deadline date. Please follow the link to the JPHCOPH Application Deadlines. If all supporting documents are not received by the deadline date, your application may be marked as incomplete and not reviewed for admission.
Applicants seeking admission to the Certificate in Public Health must have:
• Completed an application in SOPHAS Express
• Official transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college or university showing courses completed, grades earned, dates, and degree(s) awarded. All international transcripts must be evaluated by a professional evaluation agency. We recommend you use the World Education Services (WES). Visit http://www.wes.org/ to view which documents are required for your country and to request a Course-by-Course Report.*
• Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by the proper regional accrediting associations with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or higher
• A CV/Resume that includes the following: a) educational experiences, b) professional goals and objectives, c) work history, d) professional experiences, memberships and/or participation in professional organizations, e) experiences in public health programs.
• Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international applicants
• Three letters of reference
• Statement of Purpose (500 – 1000 words) that conveys the applicant’s reasons for pursuing study in public health and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations
*NOTE: Unofficial documents may be uploaded for review purposes. Official transcripts and TOEFL/IELTS scores are only required if you are offered admission. Following notification of admission, official transcripts mailed in sealed envelopes directly from each university attended (or directly from WES) and official TOEFL/IELTS scores mailed directly from the testing company are required prior to matriculation. Failure to provide the official transcripts and TOEFL/IELTS scores following notification of admission will result in revocation of the admission offer.
Official documents must be mailed to:
Georgia Southern University
Office of Graduate Admissions
PO Box 8113
Statesboro, Georgia 30460-8113
For more information on the Certificate in Public Health, visit our website at http://jphcoph.georgiasouthern.edu/degrees/phcert/.
|July 1, 2017||November 1, 2016||April 1, 2017|
Last updated: 8/18/2016