If you currently possess or are eligible for a Professional Level Five Certificate in Early Childhood Education and are interested in pursuing graduate preparation beyond a Master’s degree, this is the program for you! The Ed.S. in Early Childhood Education is designed to meet the current demands of teachers in grades K-12 and is offered fully online. You will complete content specific requirements in reading education.
This 33 semester hour program is unique in that it will provide you with opportunities to:
Collaborate with others across disciplines.
Explore teacher leadership opportunities and develop your leadership skills.
Apply and extend your content knowledge and pedagogical skills through the examination of curriculum and instruction issues and research.
Continue to develop your technology skills.
Develop skills using technology to impact and assess.
Conduct action research related to reading education.
1. Complete requirements for a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Possess or be eligible for a Georgia level five certificate in Early Childhood Education, or possess or be eligible for a Georgia Certificate of Eligibility for level five Induction Certificate in Early Childhood Education. Candidates who have completed all requirements for the Georgia Certificate of Eligibility for a level five Induction Certificate have until the end of the first semester to obtain the certificate.
3. Present a 3.25 or higher GPA on all graduate work attempted.
4. Present current official report from the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) showing competitive scores. Applicants with a Georgia Southern University graduate degree showing a GPA of 3.5 or higher within the previous seven (7) years may exempt the GRE test requirement.
5. Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
6. Submit a completed ‘Disclosure and Affirmation Form’ that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
Prerequisite Coursework: EDUF 7130 – Learning Theories and Applications and EDUR 7130 – Educational Research
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of ‘B’ or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 10/10/2017
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • email@example.com