The Educational Leadership Tier I Certification-only Program provides a unique opportunity for P-12 educational leaders to further develop the skills necessary for school administrative positions through a rigorous performance-based coursework/ program. This program is designed for those who already possess an M.Ed. This 18 credit hour program is administered through a cohort model, and the course sequence is prescribed and provided to candidates at orientation. The 250 hours of clinical practice are job-embedded and performance-based throughout the program, and are guided cooperatively by the University and the school/district partner via Residence courses.
1. Complete requirements for a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Possess a Professional Level Four Certificate or higher in a teacher, service, or leadership field. (Please check with the program director to confirm the level of teaching certificate required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) to enter this program and to be recommended for certification.)
3. Present a 2.75 (4.0 scale) or higher GPA on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
4. Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies that applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
5. Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
6. Submit school /district leader assurance form.
7. Candidate’s local Unit of Administration (LUA) is required to have entered into an agreement with Georgia Southern University that outlines the agreements related to Tier I Leadership preparation. Said agreement must state that the LUA and school agree to allow candidates to complete 250 hours of clinical practice (Supervised Field Experience) and provides supporting documents, as well as access to opportunities to lead and participate in leadership functions as appropriate for completion of leadership performances. Additional requirements are listed below; additionally, candidates must comply with any rule changes and/or additions instituted by the GaPSC affecting Educational Leadership certification.
8. Candidates must claim Georgia Southern University as their provider. Please log into your myPSC account (https://mypsc.gapsc.org/Home.aspx). This must be completed prior to signing up for the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership Assessment-Program Entry (Test 370).
9. All candidates admitted to any GaPSC-approved Educational Leadership program, must have completed (do not have to pass) the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership Assessment-Program Entry (Test 370) prior to becoming enrolled.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of “B” or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status
Does Not Admit
Does Not Admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 4/26/2018
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • email@example.com