The next cohort for the Educational Leadership Tier II Certificate Program will begin in Fall 2019. Please continue to check this page for updated admission requirements and application deadlines.
The Educational Leadership Tier II Certification-only Program provides a unique opportunity for P-12 educational leaders to further develop the skills necessary for school administrative positions through a rigorous performance-based coursework/ program. This program is designed for those who already possess an Ed.S. or those who hold Tier I Educational Leadership Certification and are seeking Tier II Educational Leadership Certification. This 18 credit hour program is administered through a cohort model, and the course sequence is prescribed and provided to candidates at orientation. The 750 hours of clinical practice are job-embedded and performance-based throughout the program, and are guided cooperatively by the University and the school/district partner via Residence courses.
* Physical presence on campus is minimal and entails no more than eight (8) required campus visits.
1. For the Tier II Educational Leadership Certificate Program, applicants must hold an Educational Specialist degree or Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution and a Level 7 Georgia Educators Certification.
2. Present a 3.25 of higher GPA on all graduate work attempted.
3. Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies that applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
4. Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
5. Three years school/district experience prior to admission to the program.
6. Submit school/district endorsement and agreement for Residency at the Building or District Level.
7. Hold a valid GaPSC Tier I Educational Leadership Certificate or the equivalent (a valid GaPSC-issued Standard Professional L or PL certification in Educational LEadership) and are employed in a current leadership position.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of “B” or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status
Does Not Admit
Does Not Admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 4/30/2018
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • email@example.com