The Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement program develops highly skilled special education transition specialists who can demonstrate and explicitly explain:
career development and transition planning for student with special needs;
the vocational assessment for students with special needs:
interagency planning and service for students with special needs as they transition for adulthood: and
appropriate community environments, methods foe linking community-based instruction, and the interagency agreement methodology for preparing students with multiple and severe disabilities for adulthood.
1. Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 OR in most recent degree or recommendation from employer
3. Documented T-4 (or higher) certification or equivalent state-issued, clear, renewable teaching certificate in special education.
4. A current clear criminal background check conducted as directed by the College of Education. Note: This requirement may be waived only with evidence of employment as a full-time teacher of record in a public school in Georgia. Evidence must be presented on the College of Education’s Employment Verification Form.
5. A student must be admitted to the university on a degree-admission basis.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 2/27/2018
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • firstname.lastname@example.org