Georgia Southern Wins Big at Savannah ADDY Awards
A special congratulations to our own Graduate Assistant, Brooke Fremeau for receiving a Gold ADDY and Best of Show (student category) for Zoetic Apparel Brand Guidelines at Savannah ADDY Awards.
Georgia Southern staff and students brought home a haul from the Savannah Advertising Federation’s American Advertising (ADDY) Awards, held on Wednesday, April 8 at the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force in Pooler, Georgia.
Staff and students brought home a total of 10 awards from the event, and second-year master of fine arts major Brooke Fremeau brought home the Best in Show award in the student category. Fremeau, a native of Fairfax, Virginia, submitted brand guidelines for Zoetic Apparel. These guidelines outline the company’s vision, core values, logo standards, color palette — everything a designer would need to create creative work for the company.
“It’s very gratifying and humbling to win Best in Show,” Fremeau said. “To be honest I didn’t expect to win anything especially since this was only my second time entering to the ADDYs. I know I’m a great designer but to be recognized by the American Advertising Federation reinforces that I chose the right career and will be successful.”
In addition to the student work, the Georgia Southern admissions staff brought home a silver ADDY for the print materials in their undergraduate recruitment campaign, which they redesigned in-house this year. Lindsay Tyson, assistant director of marketing and communications for admissions, designed the pieces, but said the project was a massive undertaking and a team effort.
“At the end of the day, it truly is an honor to impact the lives of others through something I love doing: graphic design,” Tyson said. “I have been able to see that come to life in the form of the students we recruit to Georgia Southern.”
At the end of the night, Georgia Southern brought home more student awards than any other college or university in the Savannah area.
The list of winners from the Savannah ADDY Awards is as follows:
- Brooke Fremeau received a Gold ADDY and Best of Show (student category) for Zoetic Apparel Brand Guidelines
- Alexandra Tobia received a Gold ADDY for Eight Nine Design
- Stephanie Neal received a Silver ADDY for the “I Am Team Ocean” Campaign
- Affaf Aslam received a Silver ADDY for The New Dollar Bill
- Alexander Smith received a Silver ADDY for Maussane Olive Oil
- Michelle Parmar received a Silver ADDY for The A-Z Book
- Hailey Smith received a Bronze ADDY for the Alitalia Identity Manual
- Marcus Cook received a Bronze ADDY for Eight Nine Design Stationery
- Jordan Michel received a Bronze ADDY for All Roads Lead to Rome
- Yendi Reid received a Bronze ADDY for Lonely Planet Travel App
- Georgia Southern University received a Silver ADDY for the Undergraduate Recruitment Campaign