Martha Abell, Ph.D., wins award from the Mathematical Association of America (MAA)

M.Abell MAA awardMartha Abell, Ph.D., dean of the College of Science and Mathematics,won the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Southeastern Section Distinguished Service Award at the section meeting, held at the University of Alabama – Birmingham on March 24-25.

“It’s an honor to be recognized by my colleagues from around the southeast, especially for something I’ve enjoyed doing,” said Abell. “I’m fortunate to be associated with one of the best organizations in the country, one that inspired me to become a better faculty member in terms of my teaching, scholarship and service. I was lucky to have outstanding mentors in the Southeastern Section who set the bar high and encouraged the next generations to make a difference in the lives of our students and colleagues. I’m looking forward to many more years in the Southeastern Section of the MAA, and I hope that I can continue to contribute to its success as an organization!”

Share:

Posted in news, Uncategorized