Are You Applying to Any of These Programs?
The following programs use external application systems. Please click on the program below to navigate to the appropriate application portal:
Apply Here to All Other Programs
To start an application:
To continue an application or check your status:
Please keep in mind, processing time can range from five to ten business days due to the volume of applications being received. In the meantime, your application information is being entered into our university system, and we will update your file as soon as this process is complete.
Please note: Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies does not guarantee admission to a graduate degree program. A student who is admitted to one graduate degree program is not guaranteed admission to any other graduate degree program at any time in the future.
Program Deadlines by College
To view program deadlines, click on the name of the college to expand their offerings.
Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing
|Masters in Applied Engineering - Statesboro||July 1||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science in Civil Engineering - Statesboro||July 1||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Statesboro||July 1||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science in Information Technology - Statesboro||July 1||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Statesboro||July 1||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Masters in Computer Science (Hybrid) - Statesboro||July 15||November 15||April 30|
College of Arts and Humanities
|Master of Fine Arts - Statesboro||July 31||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Arts, English - Statesboro||July 31||November 15||April 1|
|Master of Arts, History - Armstrong, Statesboro||July 31||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Music - Statesboro||July 31||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Arts, Professional Communication & Leadership - Armstrong, Statesboro||Armstrong - July 1|
Statesboro - July 1
|Armstrong - November 15|
Statesboro - November 15
|Does Not Admit|
|Master of Arts, Spanish (Hybrid) - Armstrong, Statesboro||July 20||December 1||April 20|
|Certificate in TESOL (Online)||July 1||November 1||April 1|
|Certificate in Art Education - Armstrong||March 1||October 1||March 1|
|Certificate in Professional Communication and Leadership - Armstrong, Statesboro||July 1||November 15||April 1|
|Certificate in Public History - Armstrong, Statesboro||July 1||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Certificate in Music Performance - Statesboro||July 1||November 15||Does Not Admit|
College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
|Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) - Statesboro||December 15||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Public Administration - Statesboro||July 31||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Arts, Social Science - (Hybrid) - Statesboro, (Online)||July 31||November 15||May 1|
|Master of Science, Criminal Justice & Criminology (Hybrid) - Statesboro, (Online)||July 1||November 15||April 1|
|Master of Science, Experimental Psychology - Statesboro||April 1||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science, Behavior Analysis - Armstrong||February 15||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Certificate in Cybercrime (Online)||July 1||November 15||April 1|
College of Education
College of Science and Mathematics
|Master of Science, Applied Geography - Statesboro||June 1||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science, Biology - Armstrong, Statesboro||April 1||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science, Mathematics - Armstrong, Statesboro||July 1||November 15||May 1|
|Master of Science, Physical Science - Armstrong, Statesboro||July 1||November 22||Does Not Admit|
Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health
Parker College of Business
|Ph.D. in Logistics/Supply Chain Management – Statesboro||March 1||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Accounting – Statesboro||July 15||November 15||April 15|
|Master of Accounting (Online)||July 15||November 15||April 15|
|Master of Business Administration – Armstrong||July 15||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Business Administration Online, WebMBA||July 15||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Master of Science, Applied Economics (Online)||July 15||November 15||Does Not Admit|
|Certificate in Applied Economics (Online)||July 15||November 15||Does Not Admit|
Waters College of Health Professions
Georgia Southern University welcomes and supports international applicants – students from over 100 countries across the world are currently enrolled. Georgia Southern is recognized worldwide for offering students a superior university education taught by exceptional and caring faculty. Students live and study on a naturally beautiful, safe, and traditional American university campus surrounded by cutting-edge technology, all at a reasonable price. The Office of International Student Admissions and Programs provides visa information and assistance with I-20 questions. In addition, the center hosts International Student Orientation and many other programs throughout the year just for international students.
International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org) The evaluation must come to us in a sealed envelope or electronically for the agency. Approved agencies include:
- SpanTran (Recommended) access request form here.
- Evaluation Services, Inc.
- World Education Services (WES)
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
Out of Country Tuition Waiver
Georgia Southern University recognizes the importance of international education and the benefits of a multicultural student population. To help ensure diversity, Georgia Southern University awards a limited number of out-of-country tuition waivers to undergraduate and graduate international students who demonstrate outstanding academic standing, financial need, and commitment to the university and community. Students who receive this award pay in-state tuition and fees.
- Applicants must be admitted to a graduate degree program.
- Only students with F-1 visa status may be granted a waiver. F-1 Visa status must be maintained at all times. Waivers will be terminated for students who become legal permanent residents or lose status.
- Graduate students granted the waiver must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative graduate GPA of 3.5 to be eligible to continue to receive the waiver. (Please note: undergraduate-level coursework is not calculated as part of the graduate GPA.)
- Graduate students with a semester and/or cumulative graduate GPA less than 3.5 may apply. Applications will be considered based on available funding, academic record, and essay content. If granted, the award would be for one semester only, however, may be renewed if the minimum 3.5 GPA is attained after one semester.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit a Graduate Application for Out-of-Country Tuition Waiver Form (see below)
- A new application is required for each summer term and for each new academic year
Tuition Waiver Application Deadlines & Notifications
- Fall Semester – May 1 (Must be registered for classes no later than June 30)
- Recipients will be notified by late June
- Spring Semester – October 1 (Must be registered for classes no later than November 30)
- Recipients will be notified by early December
- Summer Semester – March 1 (Must be registered for classes no later than April 1)
- Recipients will be notified by mid-April
- Students who maintain their visa status and the minimum GPA requirements may continue to receive the waiver until completion of their current degree.
- Continuing students must reapply
- Those who fail to continue to meet the visa and grade point requirements listed above will lose the waiver and must be prepared to pay the non-resident tuition and fees. Students who have lost the waiver will be notified in writing.
- Students should not wait to obtain an I-20. Receiving an I-20 prior to receiving a waiver does NOT disqualify the student from consideration.
- Students who do NOT receive a waiver must submit a new waiver application (and essay) by the application deadline to be considered for the following academic year.
Last updated: 7/28/2022