Art Education Certificate
About the Program
The Art Education certificate is for students who hold a bachelor’s degree and would like to pursue teacher certification in the state of Georgia. Our certificate program features an individualized program of study built upon the requirements for certification, which involves understanding school environments, specialized content, and the completion of an internship.
Program Contact Information
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or above from a regionally accredited institution with sufficient academic preparation.
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5 in addition to:
- Complete the state-required Georgia Educator Ethics-Program Entry assessment.
- Qualify for a Georgia Pre-Service certificate or Induction Pathway 4 certificate (see Certification section in the Graduate Catalog).
- Passing score on GACE program admission assessment on all sections: reading, math, and writing OR one of the following:
- For SAT score reports dated prior 7/1/2019: (Critical Reading/Verbal and Math combined) of 1,000 or Evidence-based Reading/Writing and Math of 1000; For SAT score reports dated after 7/1/2019 (Evidence-based Reading/Writing and Math) of 1080.
- ACT scores (English and Math combined) of 43
- GRE score of at least 297 (verbal and quantitative combined) if taken after August 1, 2011 (or at least 1,030 if taken after)
- Passing score on equivalent test in other states
- Passing score on all three parts of the Praxis I or a composite score of 526 if all three tests were taken by March 5, 2007
- Sufficient academic preparation in art
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 5/14/2020