Certificate in Computer Programing
About the Program
Credit Hours: 10
Entry Terms: Fall, Spring
Take the next step towards your goal of a career in computer science. Discover the Graduate Certificate in Computer Programming at Georgia Southern University, your gateway to leveling up in the tech world. Designed to equip you with the fundamentals of computer programming, algorithms, data structures, and data analysis, using the latest tools and techniques. Students with any bachelor’s degree, even those from non-computing backgrounds can benefit from completing this graduate certificate and gain employment as computer programmers.
The graduate certificate consists of 10 credit hours delivered through three graduate-level courses.
- CSCI 6101: Object-Oriented Programming Using Java – Explore the fundamentals of writing code using the most popular software language.
- CSCI 6102: Data Analytics Using Python – Dive into the world of data analytics and learn the tools and skills needed to manage a data-driven world.
- CSCI 6103: Art of Program Design – Take your skills to the next level as you learn the algorithms, data structures and techniques needed to efficiently create and manage real world software.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
- Complete requirements for the Bachelor’s degree at a college or university by the proper regional accrediting association.
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- International students must meet College of Graduate Studies English Proficiency requirements.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Final: July 15*
Final: November 15*
Does Not Admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Program Contact Information
Last updated: 1/30/2024