Certificate in Gerontology
About the Program
The Gerontology Certificate program is located on Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus in Savannah. The certificate program provides an interdisciplinary background in again and presents the opportunity to explore aspects of aging, relevant to the student’s interests and career goals.
The Gerontology Certificate program is designed to meet the following objectives:
- Students are presented with a theoretical and practical overview of the field of gerontology. The interdisciplinary nature of gerontology is emphasized.
- Students will have supervised experience with older adults in the form of community service, projects or practicum experiences. It is expected that students will respond to older adults as unique, independent individuals.
- Students will be exposed to gerontological research and major public policy issues as well as how these impact aged adults.
Program Contact Information
- Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A student must be admitted to Graduate Studies on a degree or certificate basis.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 5/14/2020