A fully online program, the Education Specialist in Elementary Education is designed to meet the current demands of teachers in grades P-5 as they pursue graduate preparation beyond the master’s degree. In the program, you will complete content specific requirements in early childhood education.
The program requires 33 semester hours and provides opportunities for you to:
- Collaborate with others across disciplines
- Explore teacher leadership opportunities and develop leadership skills
- Apply and extend content knowledge and pedagogical skills through the examination of curriculum and instruction issues and research
- Continue development of technology skills and develop skills in using technology to impact and assess student learning
- Conduct action research related to early childhood education
This program is an approved program by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) and meets the PSC’s certificate upgrade requirements with corresponding pay increase by Georgia public school systems.
Program Contact Information: