Elementary Education (Online), M.Ed
About the Program
This elementary education (P-5) master’s degree program is based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and the value of diverse, intensive field experiences working with diverse student populations. You will experience program outcomes meant to drive your teaching career forward.
Program Contact Information
- Complete requirements for a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess or be eligible for a renewable Georgia level four certificate in Elementary Education, or possess an equivalent out-of-state teaching certificate in Elementary Education. Candidates who have completed all requirements for the Georgia level four teaching certificate have until the end of the first semester to obtain the certificate. Candidates with an out-of-state certificate will not receive Georgia certification upon program completion.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 500 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of ‘B’ or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)
Does not admit
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 8/17/2021