Endorsement: English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Education
About the Program
Credit Hours: 9
The endorsement program will prepare you to teach English to speakers of other languages in grades P-12. The ESOL Endorsement is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC).
Students seeking to fulfill requirements for this endorsement must complete and submit a College of Education endorsement application through the Graduate Admissions Office. Both new students and students currently enrolled must complete an admission application to earn the endorsement.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
NOTE: Official report of scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) are not needed for admission to the endorsement program only. The scores are required for admission to a degree program.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Hold a valid Georgia Level Four Teaching Certificate.
- Complete 9 credits of prescribed course work.
- TCLD 6231 – Cultural Diversity & ESOL/TCLD (3)
- TCLD 6233 – Applied Linguistics: ESOL/TCLD (3)
- TCLD 6235 – Methods for Teaching: ESOL/TCLD (3)
- Complete Disclosure and Affirmation questions that address misconduct disclosure, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Priority: March 15*
Final: July 1*
Priority: Oct 1*
Final: Nov 1*
Priority: March 1*
Final: April 1*
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Program Contact Information
Last updated: 5/23/2023