Endorsement: Teacher Support and Coaching – Online
About the Program
This fully online (6 credit hour) Teacher Support and Coaching Endorsement Program is a graduate-level program for teachers and administrators who want to learn how to mentor and support pre-service, induction-phase, and/or professional educators. Coursework will examine theories and best practices of mentoring and coaching as well as the creation of effective coaching plans. Emphasis will be placed on demonstration of support skills required to supervise field experience students, student teachers, veteran teachers and others.
Program Contact Information
- Admission to Georgia Southern University College of Graduate Studies.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Hold a valid, level 4 or higher Professional, Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate, leadership certificate, Life certificate, or service certificate. Educators admitted to the program holding leadership, Life, or service certificates must have held a Professional teaching certificate.
- Provide a recommendation to serve as a TSC from a local unit of administration or school administrator. The recommendation form can be found here.
- Submit a completed ‘Disclosure and Affirmation Form’ that addresses misconduct disclosure, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Does Not Admit
Does Not Admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 1/23/2023