The Master of Fine Arts degree is the terminal graduate degree in studio art offered on our Statesboro campus. Graduate students in the M.F.A. program are charged with surpassing their previous art achievements by evolving a fresh conceptual premise into a body of artwork relevant to today’s contemporary art world. M.F.A. candidates achieve new heights as a studio artist through coursework that challenges them to advance their conceptual, historical, theoretical, and practical knowledge.
Concentration in Graphic Design – Statesboro campus only
Concentration in Studio Art – Statesboro campus only
1. Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
2. Satisfactory Completion of a minimum of 18 semester hours of undergraduate studio arts courses and an additional minimum of 9 semester hours of art history.
3. A 3.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average or higher on all undergraduate work.
4. In addition to application materials required by the College of Graduate Studies, prospective students are required to submit a creative portfolio for consideration by the admissions committee in the Department of Art
5. Portfolio – submitted to the program director:
Department of Art
Letter of Interest which includes a Statement of Intent describing purpose of entering full-time graduate studio art program and ultimate goal(s) as an artist.
20 to 30 images of current artwork representing a mature, post-baccalaureate, body of work. Submit images on printed tear sheets, minimum 4×6 each; including proper identification of title, media, year, size AND on cd/dvd in 300 dpi jpeg format.
Artist’s Statement highlighting body of work presented in portfolio.
Three (3) letters of reference identifying your studio practices and ability to pursue coursework of an advanced critical and theoretical nature.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA.(www.naces.org)
Art, M.F.A. Admissions Deadlines
Does Not Admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 8/15/2019
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • email@example.com