Master of Fine Arts
About the Program
Format: In person on the Statesboro Campus
Credit Hours: 60
Entry Terms: Fall and Spring
The Master of Fine Arts degree is the terminal graduate degree in studio art offered on our Statesboro campus. Graduate students in the MFA program are charged with surpassing their previous art achievements by evolving a fresh conceptual premise into a body of artwork relevant to today’s contemporary art world. MFA candidates achieve new heights as a studio artist through coursework that challenges them to advance their conceptual, historical, theoretical, and practical knowledge.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Satisfactory Completion of a minimum of 18 semester hours of undergraduate studio arts courses and an additional minimum of 9 semester hours of art history.
- A 3.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average or higher on all undergraduate work.
- Three (3) letters of reference identifying your studio practices and ability to pursue coursework of an advanced critical and theoretical nature.
- In addition to application materials required by the College of Graduate Studies, prospective students are required to submit a creative portfolio for consideration by the admissions committee in the Department of Art.
Portfolio – to be submitted to the Program Director, Elsie Hill Howington – email@example.com
- Statement of Interest and Intent describing purpose of entering full-time graduate studio art program and ultimate goal(s) as an artist.
- Artist’s Statement highlighting body of work presented in portfolio.
- Resume or CV.
- 20 to 30 images of current artwork representing a mature body of work.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Priority: March 1*
Final: July 31*
Priority: October 1*
Final: November 15*
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Program Contact Information
Last updated: 3/1/2022