Higher Education Administration, M.Ed.
About the Program
You can prepare for a career or growth within your career in post secondary administration through this M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration. This program offers you the opportunity to satisfy course requirements on campus and via online instruction as either a part-time or full-time student. Through innovative instructional formats, you will explore historical and contemporary issues affecting the ‘products’ and ‘services’ of higher education.
The Higher Education Administration program emphasizes course work in human development, research/evaluation, law/policy, finance/governance, and educational foundations/policy, as each relates to the nature and function of post-secondary institutional types. This M.Ed. will prepare you for a career with vocational/technical institutes, 2-year and 4-year colleges, comprehensive universities, and proprietary.
Program Contact Information
- Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Present a cumulative 2.75 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Submit a current professional resume or CV.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of “B” or higher in their first nine (9) credits of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 1/25/2022