|Applicants to the PhD program must submit the following:
- Completed online graduate application form (https://cogs.georgiasouthern.edu/admission/start/applynow/)
- $50 application fee
- Official transcript(s) from colleges and universities attended, showing courses completed, grades earned, dates, and degree(s) awarded.
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be from a graduate school faculty member.
- Official score from the GMAT taken in the last five years. An original copy of the test score, sent by the testing agency to the Office of Admissions, is required before final action will be taken on an application. A copy of the score provided to the student and subsequently forwarded is not acceptable for final admission decisions. The GRE will only be considered in exceptional cases.
- All international applicants, including resident and nonresident aliens, whose native language is not English, are required to submit official TOEFL scores taken within the year immediately preceding the requested semester of admission. An original copy of the test score, sent by the testing agency to the Office of Admissions, is required before final action is taken on an application. A copy of the score provided to the student and subsequently forwarded is not acceptable. International students that have a degree from a US university may have this requirement waived;
- Statement of purpose that includes a description of professional goals and a rationale for how the Ph.D. program will further the student’s career objectives.
- A current resume that includes, as a minimum, all academic programs, completed an employment history, and any professional certifications or other significant achievements and honors.
- Applicants whose submitted application packages merit closer consideration may be asked to participate in an interview and/or submit additional information before a final decision is reached concerning their acceptance.
Acceptance decisions will be made, subject to budgetary constraints, first within the College of Business and ultimately at the College of Graduate Studies. After reviewing application materials, the Program Director may accept applicants who meet all of the following conditions:
- Successfully completed BBA or MBA from an AACSB-accredited program; a MBA is strongly preferred
- Scored at least a 550 on the GMAT or for exceptional cases where the GRE will be considered, the score must be above a 1200
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, scored above 80 on TOEFL
The Program Director will submit all remaining applications, along with his/her recommendations, to the PhD Advisory Committee for their decision. Once a decision has been made within the College of Business, the Program Director will forward all applications to the College of Graduate Studies for final disposition.
Accepted applicants who have not completed an AACSB-accredited MBA or an appropriately-accredited Master’s Degree in a field closely related to Logistics/Supply Chain Management may be required to complete all specified prerequisite courses (or courses determined by the Program Director to be equivalent) with grades of “C” or better before taking appropriate doctoral-level courses.
Applicants who wish to apply for a graduate assistantship must also complete the Electronic Graduate Assistantship Application (http://cogs.georgiasouthern.edu/new-current-students/graduate-assistantships-information/) and submit it to the Jack N. Averitt College of Graduate Studies.