The Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) degree program at the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health at Georgia Southern University prepares professionals like you for broad-based practice in public health. You will learn the integration of core competencies in the five basic areas of public health, with specialized expertise in one: Biostatistics, Community Health Education, Environmental Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Policy & Management, and Applied Public Health. The program serves both the full-time student preparing for a career in public health, as well as currently employed health professionals seeking an advanced education to enhance their existing skills and background.
Program Contact Information:
Applications for the JPHCOPH graduate programs are accepted for FALL
admission only. Applications and ALL supporting documents must be in SOPHAS no later than the JPHCOPH Application Deadline
to be considered for admission.
Per the application timeline below, it is highly recommended that your application and all supporting documents be received by SOPHAS at least four (4) weeks
prior to the JPHCOPH application deadline date. (NOTE: If ALL supporting documents are not in SOPHAS by the deadline date, your application will be marked as Incomplete and will not be considered for admission.)
- February 1 – Fall admission deadline to receive priority consideration for JPHCOPH graduate assistantship
- May 1 – Fall admission deadline for International applicants
- June 1 – Fall admission deadline for United States applicants
Please allow enough time for processing when submitting an application and supporting documents. The entire admissions application process can take approximately ten (12) weeks. (Note: Processing times vary throughout the cycle, therefore this timeline may not apply to every applicant’s situation.)
- SOPHAS Timeline – To ensure your application is mailed (sent) to JPHCOPH on time, all materials should be received by SOPHAS at least four (4) weeks prior to the JPHCOPH application deadline date. Once your application is considered complete, it can take approximately four (4) weeks to be processed and verified by SOPHAS.
- Georgia Southern University Timeline – The JPHCOPH does not review an application until every official document has been received and verified by SOPHAS. It can take approximately six (6) weeks for a completed application to be processed.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you request official transcripts/foreign evaluations, test scores, and reference letters at least eight (8) weeks prior to the JPHCOPH application deadline date.