Master of Science, Kinesiology, Exercise Science Concentration
About the Program
Format: In person at the Statesboro Campus
Credit Hours: 36
Entry Terms: Fall
The Exercise Science emphasis is designed for students interested in advanced and specialized study in the biophysical aspects of exercise. Through exposure to scientific literature and current research, the program of study focuses on student development in promoting strong scientific inquiry and understanding practical applications of theory. The program produces graduates with the ability to communicate clinical findings to the academic and lay communities and to display critical thinking skills and expertise necessary to plan and conduct independent and creative research. As a capstone experience, each student completes a research thesis or participates in a supervised internship. Graduates possess the necessary knowledge and skill to pursue advanced education in exercise science or a related discipline, apply for ACSM, ASEP, or NSCA certification, as well as to gain employment within the health promotion and human performance industries.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. A degree in Exercise Science is preferred, but it is not required*.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- A concise, 1-2 page, well-written personal statement that describes your professional goals.
- A full vitae or resume that includes the following:
- Work history
- Professional experiences
- Membership and participation in professional organizations
- Other experiences related to the academic program
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
The admissions process is competitive and applicants that meet the requirements described above are not guaranteed admission.
NOTE: Prerequisite undergraduate course work may be required. Contact the Graduate Program Director in the Department of Health & Kinesiology for complete information.
NOTE: Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program
* Prerequisite course work may be required of candidates that have not completed any exercise science courses. Contact the coordinator for the M.S. in Exercise Science program, for more information.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
GA Application Review Begins: February 1*
Final Application Deadline: July 1*
Does not admit
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Program Contact Information
Office: Statesboro Campus-Hollis Building 2117A
Last updated: 2/1/2024