Georgia Southern’s Master of Science in Information Technology degree program prepares professionals with the advanced knowledge and skills needed to configure, implement, secure and manage the systems, networks and data that support every sector of our economy. The program serves both full-time students preparing for a career as an IT professional, and currently-employed IT professionals seeking an advanced education to augment their existing skills and background.
1. Admissions to the MSIT program are competitive. Meeting the admissions requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
2. Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree at a college or university accredited by the proper regional accrediting association.
3. An undergraduate degree or the equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering,or Information Systems, or closely related field of study.
4. A 3.00 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average (GPA) or higher on courses in undergraduate work, or equivalent.
5. International students must meet College of Graduate Studies English Proficiency requirements.
6. In addition to the above requirements, admission to the Master of Science in Information Technology also requires:
Two years of work experience in the IT field if the undergraduate degree in not in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering or a closely related field; and
A competitive score on the GRE or GMAT exam. The GRE or GMAT exam may be waived if the applicant has three or more years of work experience in IT or a closely related field.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
A student may be granted provisional admission based upon the recommendation of the Master of Science in Applied Engineering Graduate Coordinator or department chair.
M.S.E.E. Admissions Deadlines
Does Not Admit
Does Not Admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 10/15/2018
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • email@example.com