Master of Science, Kinesiology, Athletic Training Concentration
About the Program
This two year post-certification graduate athletic training program is designed to provide NATA-BOC Certified Athletic Trainers with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in the areas of clinical practice, instruction, and research. All matriculated students complete a core curriculum supplemented by one of two self-selected emphasis areas (Clinical Instruction or Clinical Foundations) providing enhancement of the student’s personal and professional goals (see Program of Study). Students who choose the Clinical Instruction emphasis area will be provided teaching opportunities in our CAATE accredited undergraduate program, while those choosing the Clinical Foundations emphasis area will choose courses in areas that will expand the breadth of their foundational knowledge. Completion of a committee approved thesis is required of all students for graduation.
Program Contact Information
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Graduation from a CAATE accredited Athletic Training program or a certified Athletic Trainer.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores less than five years old.
- A full vita or resume that includes the following:
- Work history
- Professional experiences
- Membership and participation in professional organizations
- Other experiences related to the academic program
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of ‘B’ or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
Does not admit
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 12/1/2020