Master of Science in Nursing With a Concentration in Chronic Care Management (Online)
About the Program
The Master of Science in Nursing program with a concentration in chronic care management provides the student with the education and skill set to evaluate chronic care conditions across the lifespan with a specific focus on those affecting clients of managed care eligibility. Students will be able to build a network partnership throughout healthcare service networks, develop chronic care management resources, and meet the CMS criteria for chronic care management reimbursement services. The program is 26 credit hours in length including 270 applied clinical hours and is designed to be completed in one calendar year of full-time study.
Program Contact Information
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) or it’s equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) in all prior nursing studies.
- Current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must obtain a Georgia RN license.
- Prerequisite undergraduate statistics course or a statistically oriented methodology course.
- Submission/completion of documentation:
- College of Graduate Studies application
- Georgia Southern Health Services form
- Proof of current malpractice liability insurance
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification
- Three letters of recommendation
- School of Nursing Student Health Appraisal forms
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)
Specific Admission Policies
Must gain Regular Degree-Seeking Status admission to the MSN program to be eligible to enroll in graduate nursing courses. Non-degree students are not permitted to enroll in graduate nursing courses with the exception of students formally admitted to the Post-MSN Certificate option or with prior approval from the Graduate Program Director. The Graduate Program Director may admit any student into a program at their discretion. Final decisions will be made on an individual basis.
Does not admit
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 5/19/2021