Master of Science in Psychology, Behavior Analysis
About the Program
The mission of the behavior analysis concentration within the M.S. in psychology is to cultivate safe, equitable, sustainable, and non-discriminatory communities within our program to allow all students within the program to engage in a course of study that reflects both the breath and depth of the field of behavior analysis and, consistent with Georgia Southern University’s mission, to inspire students to be sensitive to cultural issues and individual differences, bridge scientific theory to practice, an promote personal and professional growth.
After completing this program, students will be familiar with basic content areas of scientific psychology (cognition, learning, developmental, and social. Additionally, graduates will understand statistics and research design and be able to use and interpret appropriate statistical analyses in the context of empirical research designs. Based on training in the MS program, students will have the knowledge and skills to develop and execute an original empirical study in psychology. Our graduates have had success gaining entrance in doctoral programs in psychology and related disciplines as well as gain employment in diverse settings.
Program Contact Information
Dr. Andrew Bulla
Graduate Program Coordinator
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by the proper regional accrediting associations.
- Taken Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Special Education, Introduction to Behavior Analysis, or a course in a similar discipline.
- A 3.0 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average or higher on undergraduate work.
- Minimum Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores of 147 on the Verbal section and 146 on the Quantitative section for applicants who took the exam after July 31, 2011. NOTE: Due to the current pandemic and difficulties with testing, the GRE will be OPTIONAL for applicants applying for Fall 2023 admission. You may still provide GRE scores, but you are not required to.
- A personal statement that includes a description of career goals, reasons for applying for graduate study at Georgia Southern University, a list of academic achievements, nonacademic achievements, relevant work experience, a selfevaluation of maturity level and character. We strongly encourage students to obtain applied clinical or research experience as an undergraduate.
- Recommendations from three individuals who can speak of the applicant’s undergraduate academic performance, potential for graduate study, and maturity level and character. At least one letter must be from a faculty member.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Provisional Admission Requirements
For applicants who meet two out of three of the following criteria for regular admission (GRE-V, GRE-Q, GPA), provisional admission may be granted by the departmental graduate faculty based on their consideration of the materials submitted by the applicant.
Does not admit
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 1/23/2023