The Physical Education concentration program, offered online, emphasizes current pedagogical thinking, research, and teacher effectiveness in Physical Education. Students enrolling in the online program will be assessed the online tuition rate regardless of residency status. The goal of the program is to produce master-level instructors who can integrate research and theory into current teaching practices. As a capstone experience, all students will complete an action research project. This program requires 36 semester hours.
Upon completion of the curriculum, students emphasizing Physical Education will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process and how it is used to solve problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced concepts in Physical Education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and skills in Physical Education in relation to human growth and development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of technology in Physical Education.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to relate current knowledge in Physical Education to authentic problems in pedagogy to the learning environment.
Program Contact Information:
Dr. Tony Pritchard
Graduate Program Coordinator
Phone: (912) 478-1926