Post-MSN Certificate – Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (ONLINE)
About the Program
Credit Hours: 19
Entry Terms: Fall
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN Program which includes Clinical Nurse Specialist, CRNA, Nurse Midwife, Nurse Practitioner) from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Pharmacology Course cannot be older than 5 years.
- Current unrestricted RN license in state of residence and eligibility for a Georgia RN license
- Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist, CRNA, Nurse Midwife, Nurse Practitioner
- Submission/completion of the College of Graduate Studies application (on-line)
- Three professional letters of recommendation.
- Proof of current malpractice liability insurance as a RN and NP student
- Must have the capability to fully utilize and interact within the on-line course delivery format of the institution.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
Specific Admission Policies
The Nurse Practitioner certificate student will be admitted in Non-degree status and ineligible to enroll in other graduate courses unless admitted to that program. Only grades of “B” or better earned in the certificate are eligible for application to the nursing doctorate if the individual is later admitted to the Post MSN DNP degree program.
A student admitted Non-Degree to the Post-MSN Nurse Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate option must have an overall 3.0 GPA, with the minimum of a “B” letter grade in each course in order to earn the certificate. Students will become academically ineligible to continue course work if a grade of “C”, “D”, “F”, or “WF” is earned in any of the nurse practitioner courses. Students must also meet any applicable College of Graduate Studies progression policies.
Does not admit
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Program Contact Information
Last updated: 5/23/2023