School Library Media Certificate Program (Online)
About the Program
This program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission as a program leading to certification in School Library Media. Completing the program will prepare candidates for for certification, but candidates should consult with program faculty, the College of Education Academic Services Center, or the Georgia Professional Standards Commission regarding current certification rules upon entering the program.
Program Contact Information
- Complete requirements for a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Candidates may or may not possess a teaching certificate:
- Candidates who possess or are eligible for a renewable Georgia level four teaching certificate; or who possess an equivalent out-of-state certificate should submit a copy of their certification. Candidates who have completed all requirements for the Georgia level four teaching certificate have until the end of the first semester to obtain the certificate. Candidates with an out-of-state certificate will not receive Georgia certification upon program completion.
- Candidates may also pursue this program without prior Georgia certification as initial certification in Georgia.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 5/18/2022