This program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission as a program leading to certification in School Library Media. Completing the program will prepare candidates for for certification, but candidates should consult with program faculty, the College of Education Academic Services Center, or the Georgia Professional Standards Commission regarding current certification rules upon entering the program.
1. Complete requirements for a Master’s degree in education from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Possess an Induction or Professional Certificate or equivalent in a teaching field or a Certificate Eligibility for an Induction Certificate in a teaching field. Persons not holding level four certification may be admitted, however, additional hours will be required.
3. Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
4. Complete Disclosure and Affirmation questions that address misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
5. Persons seeking initial school library media certification not holding Level Four certification must submit passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment or be exempt by acceptable SAT, ACT, or GRE scores.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA.(www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 3/21/2019
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • firstname.lastname@example.org