The program is designed for candidates who hold a Professional Level Four Certificate or equivalent in one of the following certification areas: biology, broad fields science, business, chemistry, economics, English, geography, history, mathematics, physics, or political science. The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and meets the certificate upgrade requirements mandated by the Professional Standards Commission. This master’s program is based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and the value of diverse, intensive field experiences working with diverse student populations.
It is offered fully online and requires completion of a 36 hour program of study.
1. Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Possess a Georgia Induction or Professional Certificate or the equivalent, or possess or be eligible for a Georgia Certificate of Eligibility for an Induction Certificate. The certificate must be in one of the following certification areas: biology, broad fields science, business, chemistry, economics, English, geography, history, mathematics, physics, or political science. Candidates who have completed all requirements for the Georgia Certificate of Eligibility have until the end of the first semester to obtain the certificate.
3. Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
4. Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
5. Complete ‘Disclosure and Affirmation questions’ that address misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of ‘B’ or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 9/25/2018
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • firstname.lastname@example.org