Special Education (Online), M.Ed
About the Program
The program is designed for candidates who hold a Professional Level Four Certificate or equivalent in Special Education with certification in one or more of the following concentrations: Adaptive Curriculum and General Curriculum. It is an approved program by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and meets the certificate upgrade requirements mandated by the Professional Standards Commission. This master’s program is based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and the value of diverse, intensive field experiences working with diverse student populations. It is offered fully online and requires completion of a 36 hour program of study.
Program Contact Information
- Complete requirements for a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess or be eligible for a Georgia level four certificate or equivalent. Certification must be in Special Education: Adaptive Curriculum or Special Education: General Curriculum.
- Present a cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
Applicants may be approved for provisional admission based on the quality of the admission material presented. Provisional students must earn grades of ‘B’ or higher in their first nine (9) hours of course work after admission and meet any other stipulations outlined by the department to be converted to regular status.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service and must be a course by course evaluation and include a GPA. (naces.org)
Does not admit
Does not admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 9/29/2022