The Teacher Leader Endorsement (TLE) Program administered through Georgia Southern University (GSU) is intended to prepare individuals to serve in teacher leader roles in grades P-12. The TLE is governed by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) under the TLE Program Preparation Rule (Rule 505-3-.104) approved May 2014.
1. Hold a current and valid Professional certificate or higher;
2. Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university;
3. Present a cumulative 2.75 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined for an accredited college/university;
4. Complete Disclosure and Affirmation questions that address misconduct disclosure; criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance; and,
5. Submit school/district endorsement and agreement for Clinical Practice.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
Enrollment requirements for the TLE Program are the same regardless of whether an applicant holds a Master’s Degree or not.
GaPSC Requirements: Admission is open to any individual who meets the above-referenced criteria providing that the candidate’s Local Unit of Administration (LUA) has entered into an agreement with Georgia Southern University that outlines the agreements related to teacher leader preparation. Said agreement must state that the LUA and school agree to allow candidates to complete 90 hours of clinical practice/supervised field experience hours and provide supporting documentation as evidence. The candidate requires access to opportunities to lead and participate in leadership functions as appropriate for completion of leadership performances; however, candidates are not required to be in a leadership position/role nor does this TLE ensure advancement to a leadership role/position. Additional requirements are listed below; additionally, candidates must comply with any rule changes and/or additions instituted by the GaPSC affecting TLE.
Teacher Leadership Endorsement (Online)
Final: July 1*
Does Not Admit
Does Not Admit
*The application and all required documents listed on the “admissions requirements” tab for the program must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Last updated: 7/30/2018
Office of Graduate Admissions • PO Box 8113 Statesboro, GA 30460 • (912) 478-5384 • firstname.lastname@example.org