The University is moving all classes online and closing its campuses due to Hurricane Ian starting at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29. Please visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/alert for more information and updates.  

Double Eagle, Teacher of the Year, Erin Cabral

What does it mean to you to be honored as teacher of the year?

I feel so incredibly honored to have been named Teacher of the Year by my co-workers. I teach with a lot of amazing people and I feel so special and appreciated. I am honestly still in shock because it is not very often that Connection Teachers receive this special honor.

Where are you from?

I am from Howell, Michigan. I attended Our Lady of Mercy High School in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

Where are you now, and how has your education at southern helped you get there?

I currently live in Statesboro, GA and teach at William James Middle School. I just completed my 13th year of teaching middle school Health, Physical Education and Weight Lifting. My education from Georgia Southern University has had a major influence in my development and continued growth as a teacher. I still have great relationships with my professors and enjoy serving as a Clinical Supervisor for Georgia Southern student teachers each year. I learned how to create a challenging, safe, inclusive, structured learning environment for students to grow in.

What does it mean to you to be a Double Eagle?

I have a huge sense of pride being a student-athlete Double Eagle graduate from Georgia Southern University. I feel that all of my hard work and dedication is due to the path that Georgia Southern helped lead me down.

Share:

Posted in Uncategorized